A career in Search Engine Optimization, commonly referred to as SEO, is a part of the Digital Marketing field and is gaining a lot of popularity in India lately. If you read recent advertisements on popular job portals these days, you will find that well-trained SEO professionals are greatly in demand in the market. Almost every small or big business today has a website of their own, and are now investing in SEO services in order to acquire the top spots on Google.
However, there are a number of questions that come to mind when you think of pursuing a career in a relatively new field. Some of these include:
- Why should one choose SEO as a mainstream career option and what is its future?
- What is the difference between having a career in SEO and having one in Digital Marketing?
- What is the average pay-role of an SEO fresher?
- What is the qualification that is required to practice SEO?
- What is the career path of SEO in India?
It is very important to know about the pros and cons of a specific career before actually entering it. You should have basic knowledge of major aspects of the career such as career scope, salary, work, the availability of jobs, upgrade path, job responsibility, educational qualification, and the skills required. Now, let us get to the main question :
- What is SEO all about? SEO is primarily all about getting top ranking in Google search results. In other words, SEO can be defined as a process by which companies optimize their website on various online platforms in order to increase their visibility and ranking. SEO is becoming increasingly difficult and requires trained professionals who can work on it due to frequent changes in the Google Algorithm. SEO isn't simply about adding content and keywords, but building links and then waiting until the results show up.
- How has SEO emerged as a Career Option? SEO was never considered to be a career option in the past since Google Algorithms were comparatively simpler and didn’t need so much effort to be put in. During those times, Webmasters and Web Developers used to optimize websites for search engines. However, in the recent past, Google has started improving its search engine algorithms at a rapid speed. Hence, getting your website to rank within the top ones has become a comparatively tedious task for webmasters who used to maintain websites.
As we know, out of experience, that every problem gives rise to endless opportunities, this too became an opportunity for people wanting to grasp it and come out with solutions in today’s increasingly developing world. Website owners and web designers had now started looking for professionals who can get their website to rank among the top ones and some people, who knew the trick, started providing these services. With time, this emerged into a completely new field and the people associated with it came to be known as ‘SEO Experts’, ‘SEO Professionals’ and SEO Consultants.
Due to all these reasons, it can be rightly said that SEO isn’t just a job or career, it is rather a combination of multiple skills, small and big, which you use in order to get a particular website to rank highly on search engines.
- The Future of SEO & Career Opportunities related to it in India : SEO has emerged as one of the top career opportunities today and the demand for SEO professionals is increasing with every passing day due to an increase in the growing competition online, digital awareness, and rapid growth in the number of internet and mobile users in India. In order to build a career in digital marketing, SEO is a must-have skill that will facilitate your progress. If you are passionate about websites, marketing, writing, blogging, analytics, and learning new skills, learning SEO will provide you with a good start and the exposure you need.
A number of recent studies have proved that SEO plays a vital role in generating leads and that it will remain an important marketing channel for acquiring new customers for a long time in the future too. The study also further stated that more companies will be investing their marketing budget on SEO in the coming years which in turn, will generate more job opportunities for SEO professionals in India. Hence, many graduates and web designers today, are learning SEO in order to take their career to greater heights.
The best part about pursuing a career in SEO is that you get to experiment with a huge variety of options. You can engage in full-time or part-time jobs or start a business of your own. A few career opportunities related to SEO that one can consider are:
- Joining a Digital Marketing company or SEO agency as an SEO executive to kickstart your career in it
- Working with a start-up or an established company to manage their SEO
- Joining an established organization as a consultant, SEO manager or team leader
- Working as an SEO consultant for more than one company
- Becoming a freelancer in the field and taking up projects on your own
- Providing SEO training online through a training academy or at your personal basis
- Starting your own business
- Launching a blog so as to learn from affiliate marketing and advertising
- SEO designations and job profiles in India : There are a number of job profiles available for people who want to make a career in SEO. Be it an SEO trainee or a Junior SEO Executive for starts, to a Senior Manager or a team leader after gaining a few years of experience. You can also learn additional skills or software such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics and become a Google certified professional which will help you upgrade your career and earnings at a rapid speed. Let us look at a few job profiles related to SEO in order to understand them better.
- Jr. SEO Executive
- SEO Trainee
- Sr. SEO Executive
- Link Building Expert
- SEO Analyst
- SEO Project Manager
- SEO Consultant
- SEO & SEM Specialist
- Analytics Expert
- Adwords Specialist/ PPC Expert
- SEO Trainer
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Freelance SEO Consultant
- Statistics related to earning of an SEO Professional in India : The pay-scale of an SEO professional in India depends upon various factors such as knowledge, skills, job profile, experience, role and location. On an average, the salary of a fresher, say, an SEO executive is anywhere between Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 18,000 a month. One can expect to earn anywhere around Rs. 50,000/ month after 4-5 years of experience. Keeping yourself updated with additional skills such as Google Analytics, Content Marketing and Google Adwords can easily help you earn more than your counterparts with the same level of experience. If you become a freelance consultant+ Blogger & Affiliate marketer+ Content Writer, you can earn a much more handsome amount as compared to full-time jobs.
Due to all these reasons and many others, a career in Search Engine Optimization is one of the most suitable options these days for anyone who is looking at trying something different, is passionate about Digital Marketing and wants to earn decently at the same time. The demand for it is ever-increasing with the rapidly growing digitalization in today’s times. All you need is a little prior research, dedication and you’re good to go!
- Digital Marketing
- Website Development
- Mobile Application
- Online Reputation
- Social Media Optimisation
- Software Development
- E-Commerce Website
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Print Media
- Email Marketing
- Whatsapp Marketing
Leave Your Comments:
Industries We Serve
The cut-throat competition among various educational institutes demand top SERP rankings to generate good quality leads and our experience in this domain helps us to give the required results.
Our experience in the travel industry domain helps us to optimize the travel websites and portals with the objective of generating more revenue and visibility through bookings, organic traffic, leads, etc.
Our SEO team is specialized in working on the e-commerce platforms as the ranking of the category and the product listing pages for the targeted keywords is important with respect to the sales.
Our expert team delivers an unmatched result as they have a good experience in optimizing the healthcare websites to increase the search engine rankings for the various goals like online consultation, lead generation, increased traffic.
We do specialise in offering SEO services by optimising the real estate websites or portals to generate quality leads through the implementation of white hat SEO processes.
Our experience speaks for us when it comes to the Technology related websites where there is always a high demand to be visible on the first page of search engines.
With an unmatched experience in hospitality industry, we assure you the optimised websites and guaranteed results for the ranking of the target keywords on the first page of the search engines.
Our team of SEO experts are specialised to help the start-up websites to rank the keywords on the top of SERP and help them to get an edge over their competitors thereby increasing the ROI.