Google Analytics provides a simple and free way to analyse and track website visitors. Website owners might notice that thousands or millions of visitors visit their website daily, but this count is meaningless if website owners are unaware of user’s choices, patterns, and behavior. Google Analytics is a powerful tool with its robust web analytics and reporting capabilities that make our journey of deals, transactions, and conversions easy.
Google Analytics provides meaningful insights on website performance, business goals tracking, and progress. With power-packed features of Google Analytics you can track everything about visitors like traffic sources, the behavior of users, social media activities, finding trends, mobile app traffic, and integration with other data sources for well-informed business decisions.
Using Google Analytics For Website.
- Set up your Google account.
- Sign in to Google Analytics using Google account.
- Check your dashboard and click the Admin button on the bottom left sidebar.
- Choose an account or create a new account.
- Create a property using the dropdown menu.
- Select the Website option and add your website's name and URL.
- Select your industry.
- Select your time zone.
- Get Tracking ID with appropriate option selection.
- Install this Tracking ID on your website.
You Should Know These Terms
- Account - It indicates each property within your dashboard. You can configure multiple properties within one account or use multiple accounts for various properties.
- Property - The property indicates a website or a mobile app you are eager to track.
- Tracking ID - A unique code associated with your website that enables Google Analytics to track it.
- Conversion - Online user visits that result in customers or potential buyers.
- Channel or Traffic source - It indicates your traffic sources like referrals, links from other websites, social media, search engines, or emails.
- Session duration - Time spent by visitors on your website.
- Bounce rate - Proportion of visitors that viewed just a single page and then leave.
- Event - A particular visitor behavior like clicking an ad, watching a video, downloading a file, etc.
- Landing page - The first page presented to the visitor while visiting your website.
- Organic search - Visitors directed you to your website through search result pages.
- Segment - Data filtration way using categories.
Report Types Powered By Google Analytics
- Acquisition - Traffic sources such as search engines, email marketing campaigns social media, and links from other websites. The acquisition tab offers this comprehensive report.
- Keywords - Search words used by visitors while searching you on a search engine. This option is present under the behavior tab.
- Conversions - It provides insights on how many visitors are converting into shoppers, newsletter subscribers, and actual buyers. Conversions tab is well set with type or category of conversion to produce a conversion report.
- Lifetime value - Lifetime Value report tracks users throughout their lifetime, i.e. from their beginning visit to conversions, repeated visits, future purchase possibilities, and beyond. This report empowers entrepreneurs with meaningful insights regarding the journey of visitors to buyers and further repeat buyers and what made your visitors repeat visiting and purchasing on your website.
- Landing page - It throws light on the most frequent landing pages of your website in order to track where those visitors are coming from and which pages are most attractive to different users.
- Active users - It provides information on active users of your website within a specific time like the previous week, 14 days, or a month. It also throws light on the most active pages of your website. This report is accessible in the Audience tab of Active users.
Using Google Analytics For A Website
Now we are providing the basic step of using Google Analytics for a small business. We hope you are clear about the fundamental terminology required to study detailed aspects of using Google Analytics.
Google Analytics Account Sign Up
To harness the power of Google Analytics for your business you will need a Google account. For this, visit google.com/analytics. Choose Sign in or Create an Account option provided on the upper left corner. After signing in, click on Access Google Analytics and provide the required information like account name, website name, industry, URL, time zone, and data-sharing configurations.
Finally, click on the Get Tracking ID button to finish the account set up procedure.
Google Analytics Configuring For Your Website
At this stage, a tracking tool is necessary to track the website. The tracking code should be connected to every page you wish to track. It can be accomplished through—
- Copy and paste code in the website template.
- Creating a php file "analyticstracking.php" with the tracking code and adding after your template's body tag.
- Using automatic WordPress plugins for Google Analytics integration. Also, some other website builders provide a specific page or field to enter the tracking ID of your website.
Google Analytics provides a range of metrics to customize your tracking procedures. These features are assessable through the left sidebar.
With Google Analytics you can find out your visitor’s traffic sources by clicking on the Acquisition tab on the left sidebar. You will receive meaningful insights on channels, referrals, and organic searches. Also, it will enlighten you on the search terms used by visitors to get connected with your website. Google Analytics is such a powerful analytics platform that automatically scans more than 20 search engines such as Google, Bing, MSN, Yahoo, AOL, etc. It also provides insights from international search engine searches like Baidu and the main website such as CNN.
With Google Analytics, custom reporting capabilities you can set your metrics for different reports. Depending on your niche, business offerings you can configure custom reporting features. Also, you can integrate external data sources like CRM suite, etc for better results. On the customization tab, you will find further options.
For online marketers, it is no more a secret that social marketing campaigns can be a game-changing strategy for their business. But only executing the campaign is not sufficient, as it requires detailed campaign tracking and performance computation. Google Analytics empowers you with social media integration and tracking options. You can add social media under social settings and thereby track your social media activities. For integrating social media campaigns, you need to click on the Acquisition tab of the left sidebar, and you can add landing pages, campaigns, YouTube, etc. for tracking.
You can facilitate your team member to view your Google Account by adding their email. User Management option in the Admin tab allows you to add new users and set permissions for them. This add user feature is useful for efficient collaboration and report presentation.
Our Turn To Say Something
We Dreamworth Solutions a leading SEO company in India empowers our clients with classy digital marketing and SEO services. We allow you to harness the power of digital media, software solutions for your business growth. You can share your Google Analytics requirements any time, and we are ready to help you with any associated task right from account setup, reports, SEO, analytics customization, and your custom requirements. Call our team for further details, consulting, and service support.