Case Study - Online Brand Reputation for Manufacturing Industry
Dreamworth Solutions also worked with a manufacturing industry client that was accounted for a multi-billion dollar company with its offices in two countries. Their rival companies put efforts on content delivery that manipulated online sentiment. This case turns out to be a perfect example of Google manipulation that we handled carefully and achieved a satisfactory brand reputation for our client’s firm.
We Dreamworth Solutions is well set to present a successful case handled by us for our global manufacturing industry client. We devised a customised brand repair campaign for our client and it was a big success for us making Dreamworth Solutions a top ORM company in India. Our attempt is to educate our readers about the powerful tools like review management, reputation management, brand repairing, etc. through a systematic plan and associated team efforts. Through this platform, Dreamworth Solutions a brand name in the digital marketing world has provided a case-based example to its esteemed readers. Being an authenticated service provider for your online marketing requirements we are pleased to guide, educate and help our readers here.
Our client is a global and well-reputed manufacturing industry brand. Well-funded global attackers had successfully "taken over" our customer's Wikipedia page, possibly well paid for negative content and articles to be created and promoted on the web, and used at most malpractices possible to change public opinion against our client’s brand and company.
- Initial Statistical Report: 55% negative, 25% positive, 20% neutral. Unfortunately, negative stuff was above the fold meaning it was visible to the user without scrolling efforts.
- Post Reputation Management Campaign Statistical Report: 10% negative, 65% positive, 25% neutral. Negative stuff was pushed down in the Google search engine results.
- Duration: 11 months
- Initial positive changes and improvement began after 1 month of the campaign.
We set the following objectives while devising our campaign
- Perk up online sentiment for searches associated with the client’s brand.
- Enhance and balance the client's official Wikipedia page.
- Take the maximum control of our client’s branded search results.
- Push down negative and critical content harming our client's brand.
To tackle the challenge, we deployed our client's own resources very efficiently, promoted like-minded stakeholders to support our client’s brand and thereafter executed a campaign to clean up and protect the client’s branded search results.
Strategy For Wikipedia
We considered developing a bright and shining search profile for our client, and further created the fresh content that will justify our client’s future image.
We would like to notify you that some PR agencies can harm you by concentrating on the dark side.
Reputation Management Campaign Undertaken
Here we dealt with the following stakeholders:
- Client’s Marketing Chief
- Public Relations Agencies
- Client’s internal SEO Team
- Wikipedia editors
- Our Marketing and SEO team
Before kicking off the ORM campaign for our global manufacturing firm client, we conducted a research initiative to analyse the sentiment landscape. To be more specific, it allowed us to measure sentiment, gauge client control of various branded search results, and much more. Its steps involved:
Analysis of ground sentiment and control factors
Dreamworth Solutions computed the sentiment (positive, neutral, negative) for the following search results--
- Google searches in two countries
- Primary and secondary search phrases associated with a brand
- Desktop and mobile devices search aspects
For our client, our next step in the campaign was to discover the roots of negative authors' motivations for delivering bad stuff and to recognise authors who might be working on behalf of others with a paid money model.
Tools used: -
- Research carried on other companies for finalizing our objectives - Our digital marketing team carried out excellent research on various topics like executives with similar titles, similar companies, and current relationships with journalists, newsworthy items associated with the brand, the relationship of our client and other similar companies, and charitable work and social cause involvement from our client’s side. We also educated ourselves about known detractors that can harm our client’s brand image.
- Gap Analysis - When we compared the search and social media results of our manufacturing industry client with other similar firms we noticed the following observations--
- Our client had one official website whereas competitors separated content among several sites to manage the number of and better search results.
- Our client's website was somewhat inefficient and it was possible to optimize it for search visibility with a few tweaks.
- We also noticed some publication lists where our competitors were focused and enjoyed limelight whereas our client was unaware of it.
- We concluded that competitors had definitely paid Wikipedia editors to handle their Wikipedia pages in the proper way.
- Databases utilized by search engines were assessed, and it triggered an idea to seed them with our valuable client's information as well – for better search results.
- Other companies not only employed their official website but also involved unrelated subsidiaries, to improve the online reputation of the main entity.
- Negative Content Author’s Clues - We being a reputed brand in content writing believe that when a blogger, writer, journalist, or expert writes negative content, feedback about any entity they normally have a genuine reason to do so. However, in other cases, they are well paid or have been offered other incentives to generate and spread negative content.
- For example, it is possible to create negative content in the following cases
- Political purposes like election scenario.
- To pull down the share price.
- To disgrace a company or its executives.
- Pattern Analysis For Digital Footprints - During this stage, we first assessed the editing history of Wikipedia editors to spot patterns. We also checked the patterns associated with website contributors. It uncovered various patterns like editorial histories, social media posts, and social profiles. We also dig dipper to find searches related to hidden content they may have created. Finally, we also searched patterns associated with the backlink profiles of negative content, their authors, publishing date patterns, IP addresses, additional mentions of third-parties, and more.
- Efforts Taken For Good Wikipedia Editors - We at Dreamworth Solutions take adequate efforts to find a team of knowledgeable third-party Wikipedia editors. We finalised the problems with our client’s Wikipedia page including outright lies, wrong and false references, etc. After spotting the problems of the Wikipedia page we reached a quality editorial team for their input. These editors accepted that the page was wreaked and it was necessary to put maximum efforts independently to restore the quality page.
- Better Flow Management - We noticed that our client had controlled several websites for itself and its child subsidiaries. However, these websites were found with many issues like old legacy technologies, no optimization, poor referencing, etc. Our skilled SEO team performed SEO analytics on every site and figured out the SEO plan for each individual site. It included the addition of new blogs/articles, link references, and a social channel campaign to support SEO improvement.
- Due to our comprehensive content plan, Google started ranking company pages on the first page of search engine results and on the top of negative content.
- Proprietary tools
- Screaming Frog
- Google Analytics
- Human brains
- Coverage of charity sites - Fortunately, the client was kind to charities and social work but they weren't getting enough search and social visibility corresponding to their social contribution. To address this issue we advised our client to follow a set of best practices referred by Dreamworth Solutions. It requires internal PR teams to work actively for specific small things from a charity perspective.
- These work requests included the creation and publication of press releases by the charity and social causes that were structured in a specific way, specific content addition on the charity website, social media posts, etc. All these activities helped our client to shine in Google search results with charity pages information.
Final Results Of The ORM Campaign
- Our client could notice an improvement in their search results within 3 months of campaign efforts.
- The client’s Wikipedia improved substantially.
- Sentiment scores which were initially noticed as negative scores were improved considerably.
Initial Score: 55% negative, 25% positive, 20% neutral.
Post-campaign Score: 10% negative, 65% positive, 25% neutral.
- Additionally, our client's legal team started legal procedures against negative content.
In A Nutshell
We Dreamworth Solutions are the most trusted ORM and digital marketing company offering quality services and feature-rich solutions and suites to our patrons. Dreamworth Solutions provide business-driven solutions that are contemporary and perfect to assure adequate brand awareness and promotion in the marketplace. Our company has a legacy of a flourishing decade completing our commitment of best services since then. With our commitment, proficiency and hard work, we are now considered as one of thebest digital marketing companies in Pune and Mumbai.We promise about your 100% satisfaction through our services and timely delivery of the right projects. Let’s team up for the most proficient experience.
We have qualified digital marketing, SEO, content management and social media teams that offer and support a zealous work environment at our end. The highly competitive atmosphere on the net, changing consumer demands and availability of the latest web development technology drives our skilled developers to develop high quality and rich software solutions for your business so that it gets sufficient market exposure. Our well managed digital marketing campaigns are a huge success and that has enabled us to set standard benchmarks in the digital marketing industry.
Once you share your marketing, ORM, SEM, SEO or content development requirements, we will provide the most excellent digital marketing service package to you. Our software maintenance, upgrade and migration services are also outstanding. Our huge client base is spread worldwide and is highly delighted with our services. You can check our success stories and client testimonials on our website for further reference.
Dreamworth Solutions endeavour right to equip its clients with the best digital marketing services in the industry that help in structuring and organising complicated business applications in an accessible way. If you are looking for a digital marketing partner that develops and organises strong, scalable and extensible promotional campaigns to fulfill your requirements and to build the best brand reputation in the marketplace Dreamowrth Solutions is the right pick for you.
Once you select us as your software development or Digital Marketing partner the next journey will be delighting and easy for you. Our business analysts will precisely understand your digital marketing campaign requirements, and the technical team will take care of the best possible and suitable services solutions for you. Dreamworth Solutions a leading ORM company in Mumbai, also provide the best maintenance and post services for further ease. No software technology is a bar for us. However, our business team will suggest you the best platform that will fulfill your requirements. Feel free to contact our technical or business team at any time for your Software or digital marketing requirements.