The Website is the most significant part of a business marketing plan. As online users and shoppers are increasing day by day, the website is gaining more and more importance in every business. Having superior quality products or services is not enough in today's business world, you must have your company website in order to reach a wide range of audience. The Website is the heart of content marketing. Due to the progress and development in website design and development technology, there are numerous digital marketing tools available too.
What is website development service?
Website development or web development deals with the work that is involved in developing a website, either for the internet or an intranet. Web development widely ranges right from developing a single, simple static page of plain text to complex web-based applications of the internet, social network services or electronic businesses. It includes aspects such as web design, web programming, web publishing and database management. An even more comprehensive list of tasks to which web development may commonly refer, include web design, web content development, web engineering, client liaison, web server and network security configuration, server-side/client-side scripting, and e-commerce development.
However, among web professionals, web development more than often refers to the main non-design related aspects of building websites, coding and writing markup. Web development may use a number of content management systems (CMS) in order to make the changes in content easier and available with basic technical skills.
Web development is more of a collaborative effort between various departments rather than the domain of a single designated department. While the term web developers and web designers are often used synonymously, they do not imply the same thing. Technically speaking, a web designer only designs the interfaces of websites using CSS and HTML. Whereas, a web developer may be involved in designing a website, but his major role involves that of writing web scripts in languages such as ASP and PHP. In addition to this, a web developer also helps in the maintenance and updating of a database used by a dynamic website.
FEATURES OF WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
In order to be successful online, it isn't enough to have a mere web presence anymore. Competition amongst companies has increased over the past few years and the bar has been raised considerably when it comes to website development. Today's leading sites do much more than simply looking good, they are highly optimized, functional and interactive in a way that readers can be engaged from the get-go.
If you really wish to propel your business forward, your website has to meet the same standards as that of your competitors, or even better, surpass them. Hence, let us look at a few features of web development that can take your website ahead of the race.
Changes in browsing behaviour, specifically mean that it's no longer acceptable to simply focus design on how websites look on computer screens. Today, more than 65% of all browsing is being carried out on smartphones with more and more of us using phones to make online purchases, book tickets, handle bank accounts, follow live events, etc.
A website that isn't designed from the bottom up to cater to the needs of the mobile phone users potentially loses around 65% of its traffic and therefore, affects any resulting sales. The only solution is to make sure your website has a fully functioning mobile-friendly design that your visitors can access from wherever they are and whenever they want. Doing so could rocket your visitor counts, resulting in gathering an organic audience. It still has to work equally well on PCs and tablets too, though.
2. Quick loading time
Slow loading time has an extremely negative effect on the performance of a website. Not only will search engines rank your pages lower, but there has been statistical evidence that users will abandon your site altogether if they have to wait even slightly more than the time that is usually needed. It has further been estimated that even a second's delay in loading time can reduce online conversion rates by around 7- 9%. In retail environments, where profit margins are comparatively smaller, improving loading time even by a second could decide the difference between success and failure.
There are numerous reasons or things that can cause your site to slow down and the best way to discover what these are and how you can speed your site up is with the help of tools such as the Google Page Speed Insights. You should also take care of the fact that your site is being hosted by a web hosting provider which uses high performance, web optimised servers.
3. Search engine optimized
When done well, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can have a business transforming impact on the number of organic visitors your website sees on a daily basis. However, comprehensive optimisation is a continual task that needs to take into consideration all three areas of SEO:
- On-page optimisation (e.g. keywords and content quality)
- On-site optimisation (e.g. site speed, XML sitemaps and metadata)
- Off-site optimisation (domain authority, high-quality backlinks and page rank).
At the very same time, you also need to make sure that you aren't over optimising it and that everything is focused on your visitors and isn't simply created for the sake of ranking on search engines.
You will never really be able to make informed improvement decisions about your website unless there is a way in which you can measure how well it is or had performed. The only way to do this is by setting up analytics tracking. Using free tools such as Google Analytics, you can easily track a wide range of metrics, such as traffic volumes and visitor behaviour, as well as set goals and measure conversions.
With all this easily available information, you'll be able to understand which parts of your website are functioning well and which parts need more development in a better way.
5. Built for conversion
The first and foremost purpose of any business website is to generate new business, whether it is to attract new customers or retain the existing ones. In order to maximise your earning potential, you need to set up specific landing pages and create sales funnels that will leave a long-lasting impact on the visitor's mind and he would want to invest in your company more than before.
6. Content Management enabled
Both- visitors and search engines- place preference over websites that have fresh and engaging content. It is extremely important, therefore, that your website design makes it easier for you to manage your content.
A web development company or a CMS will enable you to publish new content on a regular basis and you can use them in order to create long-term digital content marketing campaigns.
7. Social Media
Social media can do wonders for your business by extending the reach of your brand to new potential customers. For this very reason, every website must have social sharing buttons on their web pages so that readers can share their content with ease and spread the word. At the same time, companies should also set up social media accounts that will help them create backlinks and send traffic back to their website.
8. Setting up Email marketing
With an average ROI of 4400% and $44 for every $1 spent, it comes along as no surprise that email marketing is the king of the kingdom of marketing and more than half of all businesses use it. Email marketing is forty times more effective at generating new business than social media and has a considerably higher conversion rate than PPC, direct mail or broadcast advertising.
In order to undertake email marketing, websites need to figure out ways to get their email subscription forms filled and take advantage of email and newsletter plugins or third-party software to deliver marketing materials to their subscribers.
9. Robust security
Cyber attacks on the websites have become a common phenomenon these. Hence, your website needs robust protection, now more than ever. A key tactic of doing this is choosing a web host or digital marketing company that provides overall protection and the essential security tools you need such as strong firewalls, intrusion and malware protection, SSL certificates, spam filtering and remote backups. At the same time, you also need to ensure that the website itself is configured for security and the passwords are secured using processes such as two-factor authentication.
10. Progressive website applications
Nowadays, people spend much more time on applications than surfing the internet, as it was in the older days. One way to make your website more user-friendly is by making it look and work just like a mobile application and providing a range of app-like features to it. This can easily be done using progressive web app software.
Then, why not go for an app instead of a website? One of the striking features of a progressive web app is that their content is indexed by search engines and emerge in research results unlike normal Android or iOS apps. Thus, progressive web apps offer you the best of both formats.
As you might have easily figured out by now, the best of websites in the industry today have features that are geared to help businesses succeed online- right from a strong defence mechanism against cyber attacks to app-like performance, we enable websites to be user-friendly, search engine friendly and optimised to improve your conversion rates.
If you run an online business and need web developers that are secure, fast and can cope with the demands of progressive web apps and greater volumes of traffic- all at the same time, check out our wide range of web development solutions
PRINCIPLES OF WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
In order to achieve a more tangible view on website development, we truly believe in the following important principles. Let us look at these principles in detail so as to understand them better:
- Focusing on the User - An important aspect of web development is identifying a strategy for how you will support an experience that addresses the needs of your user as well as the goals of your business. It is critical to remember at all times that you need to focus on the strategy of your websites based upon the requirements and experiences of the user that are both valuable and relevant in the context of the services.
- Focusing on the Quality - With so many options available to the customers in the market today, quality isn't simply about offering a product or service that exceeds the standards, but it is also about the sort of reputation you gain for consistently delivering a customer experience that is above what others have to offer.
- Keeping things as simple as possible - When it comes to websites, one of the biggest problems is that they become outdated quickly. Busy designs have always ended up losing their allure and become dated quickly. Hence, by using a simple design for your website, you can withstand the rapidly changing tides of various website fads. You will need very few revisions and can save a lot of money with less-frequent updating. Similarly, try to keep things as simple and reasonable on the coding front. Nobody likes a complicated website, after all.
- Not repeating the past mistakes - There are certain mistakes that a lot of us see happening again and again on websites that deserve much better. These mistakes might be really easy to fix and they end up pushing away the people you wish to bring closer- your customers. Hence, website development is all about trying to not repeat past mistakes.
- Knowing your field in and out - All businesses have access to an extensive pool of knowledge - whether this is their understanding of customers' needs and the business environment or the skills and experience of staff.
The way a business collects, shares and utilises this knowledge can be central to its ability to advance successfully. This isn't just applicable to huge multinational companies, but knowledge management can even benefit anyone be it a local newsstand or manufacturing unit.
Advantages of website development service -
There are numerous advantages a website holds. Below are the various benefits of developing a professional website.
- Professional appeal - After opting for the website development service, your website will get a professional appeal because the professional web designers have the expertise to impart a professional look to your website. They take care of every aspect of your website such as layouts, colour schemes, content development, navigation, etc.
- Organized and structured - Professional web developers give an exclusive and tailored look to your website. They are experts in keeping the original appeal of your website and tailoring it as per your business requirements. They ensure that your website is a perfect expression of your business.
- An exclusive and tailored look - Often in-house IT and marketing teams are supported leading to projects being developed slowly. But if you hire us for developing your website, you will be benefited as we have skilled and experienced professionals to start your project immediately and finish it within a stipulated time.
- Better navigation and user experience - Expert web developers develop a website for you that has smooth navigation that gives satisfying user experience while browsing acting as an entrancing factor for users or customers to visit your website regularly and enhance your conversion ratio.
- Easy to modify - After a website is developed, the work done is just not enough. With the passage of time, you need to make certain changes to the website. Therefore, the professional website developers develop a website in such a way that it is easy to update and modify as per requirement. They continue working on your website even after developing it. They keep the content of your website updated regularly, which gives your website a high ranking on search engines.
- Zero maintenance issues - Once you have hired a website development company to develop a professional website for you, you don't have to worry about its maintenance. The experts take care of your website properly. Also, your website is developed in a professional way, therefore, very less or no everyday issues emerge.
- Long-term benefits - If you get your website done by professional and experienced web developers, you will enjoy several benefits in the future. Such a professional site gets better ROI and displays a slow rise in traffic, organic ranking and sales that are crucial for the endurance of every website. A website developed by experienced and professional experts can lay an effective base for your online business.
Dreamworth Solutions are a foremost website designing and development company that provides widespread and effective web development services. With a high level of competency in all kinds of website development solutions which comprises of creating an attractive website page, providing most complicated web-based social networking services, writing engaging and informative content, electronic business, e-commerce services and internet applications.
- Competitive Environment - We at Dreamworth provide high-level website development services so as to keep our clients satisfied. We constantly want to succeed and this produces exceptional results on client projects that are rarely found among in-house staff.
- Cost Savings - You just have to pay for the time that we spend on developing a website for you. This saves lots of money and so outsourcing web development to us often leads to significant cost savings.
- Economies of Scale - Often in-house IT and marketing teams are supported leading to projects being developed slowly. But if you hire us for developing your website, you will be benefited as we have skilled and experienced professionals to start your project immediately and finish it within a stipulated time.
- Better Service Quality - We provide website development service on a client/service provider basis. So, our service is definitely better than that provided by in-house staff.
- More Experience - Dreamworth has skilled, proficient, creative and experienced web development team, which is an expert in their field.
- Fresh Perspective - We at Dreamworth will definitely provide fresh perspectives and innovative ideas which can ultimately improve your marketing communication and functionality.
- Keeping Up to Date - We know that technology changes rapidly, so we always strive hard to keep your website up to date. We have a greater appreciation of web technology developments and can determine which emerging technologies can be advantageous to your company.
- Subject Matter Experts - Dreamworth has topmost professional subject matter experts in significant niches like usability, information architecture, accessibility, etc.
- Better Risk Management - Risks are decreased as we have prior knowledge and experience on projects and only offer verified working solutions. We have not only the more real-world experience but also we are better at alleviating the risks involved in handling delicate tasks like upgrades and security management.
- Professional Project Management - Dreamworth is a leading professional website development company that provides an experienced project manager to supervise and manage your project and make sure it is finished in time and within your budget.
- No Bureaucracy - Since the Dreamworth website development team will not be a part of your staff, our team will never go off track or get disrupted because of internal politics or differing priorities.
- Training Services - For projects that must be handled in-house, Dreamworth can help you in training your staff to make sure that they have the right skills and we can also develop the finest practice standards for them to follow.
How you see after subscribing with Dreamworth?
- You will have a highly well-designed interactive website which is user-friendly, SEO friendly and has smooth navigation.
- You will have a mobile-friendly optimized responsive website.
- Your website will be appealing and attractive that will pull more and more users.
- You will have engaging and informative content that will increase traffic to your website.
- More and more users will convert into your customers.
Future scope of web development service
Going online is the need of the hour and this trend will increase but never go down. Businesses have understood that having a website is a must to survive in the cutthroat competitive market. So, every company has its own website, but it is very difficult to maintain the website continuously. Hence, there is a huge scope for web development service in the future. More and more companies will outsource the website development service to the website designing and development firms.
Dreamworth Solutions tries its best to develop a user experience which offers value to your audience. Value refers to frequent visits and referrals through social media and other channels. With the proper use of our experience and expertise, we customize the web design and development solutions as per your need to help you achieve your digital marketing objectives.